The National Ombudsman: Protecting Small Businesses and Promoting Government Accountability
Who is the National Ombudsman?
The National Ombudsman Can Help
- If you’re a small business or represent one, a non-profit organization, or a small government entity (population 50,000 or less) – and –
- If your comment or complaint directly involves a federal agency and federal regulation
- Describe the enforcement, inspection, or compliance taken by the federal agency and the results
- Briefly state the specific action or outcome you are seeking
- Provide documentation of the action taken if available, such as correspondence, citations, or notices
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 202-481-5719
- Mail: U.S. Small Business Administration
Office of the National Ombudsman
409 3rd St, S.W.
Washington, DC 20416