NYPL - New York StartUP! 2014 Business Plan Competition - Win up to $15k!
New York 2014 StartUP! gives aspiring entrepreneurs the opportunity to bolster their business acumen. Entrants gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while learning about the comprehensive small business resources at NYPL's Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL).
• You must be 18 years of age or older, live in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island as a legal resident or US citizen, and wish to start a business in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island.
• Start up businesses only. Operating businesses that have earned revenue and/or have paid taxes are not eligible. Any business incorporated prior to October 13, 2011 is not eligible to enter.
• This competition is for For-Profit Businesses ONLY. Non-profits are NOT eligible.
• Attend one (1) Orientation Session - click here for the schedule
• Attend 3 out of 4 technical workshops scheduled January 2014 - April 2014 - Schedule to be determined
• Meet regularly with a business advisor throughout the Competition - Click here for a list of business advisors
• Upload your business plan to the Start UP! Competition Fluid Review room site no later than midnight, June 10, 2014
To Enter the Competition:
1. Create an account on the StartUP! 2014 site on FluidReview.
1. Submit an entry form on the StartUP! 2014 site on FluidReview by midnight, Thursday, January 30, 2014
Note: Creating an account doesn't mean you've submitted an entry form. If you previously participated in the 2013 New York StartUP! Competition your name may already be in the Review Room site and you will need to reset your password.
Your entry form must include the type of business you plan to start.
What Are The Prizes?
1st Place Award: $15,000.
2nd Place Award: $ 7,500.
3rd Place Award: $ 5,000.
4th Place Award: $ 1,500.
5th Place Award: $ 1,500
See the NYPL bizplan website for more details. http://www.nypl.org/bizplan