Sad talk at business

"How was your weekend?" the banker asked me.

"Very nice," I said. "And yours?"

"Not long enough," she said.

(so much mediocrity ... so little time)

I looked around to see if my wife, kids, or colleagues at work might be watching. I thought perhaps this was staged to watch the springs pop out of my head.

I understand not everyone enjoys their work. I understand small talk clichés. But no one should complain about work to their customer or suggest to a customer that they'd like to be doing anything other than helping them. Ever. (customer = whoever you're paid to serve)


More sad talk to avoid with your customers...
• I'm so ready for the weekend.
• Thank God it's Friday.
• I've got a bad case of the Monday's.
• Only a few more hours...
• I'm ready for this day to be over.
• Can't wait to be off.
• I'll be better when my shift/ this day is over/ I get my coffee.
• Hump Day! Only two days 'till Friday!
• It's too hot/ cold/ warm/ wet/ rainy/ sunny/ snowy.
• I'm tired.

Why does this happen?

I believe it's more a lack of preparation and thought than anything else.

Read the solution from GiveMore.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC