Thanks, Ciao, Best Wishes, Sincerely

I tend to write “thanks” a lot. And not just because I’m a grateful person (although I am). It’s just my usual email sign-off, probably because I tend to be asking for things, or thanking you all for asking us great questions.

Maybe I should start expanding my repertoire.

This recent article from Entrepreneur.com discusses a variety of email closers, and what they say about you.

What your sign-off is really saying.”

Here’s an older USA Today article on the subject.

Another good source of email etiquette info:

Online Writing Lab at Purdue University

Comments

Josée Fonseca said…
It's interesting that these two writers thought "cordially"' was less formal than "regards" which is backwards to me. "kind regards" sounds like a greeting card.
I was taught to write "regards" if you knew the person or had previous communication and "faithfully" is you were writing to someone you did not know.
Must be both a cultural and an age thing. "Cordially" suggests, well, cordially. "Regards" I've never used, or any variant.

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC