Who may qualify for grants:
- Special Populations (i.e. minorities and veterans)
- Community and Municipality specific
- Businesses related to children
Grant Do's and Don't:
- Do read the grant announcement and application word for word. Multiple times.
- Do get to know the grant coordinator and their constraints, budget and concerns.
- Do ask for help if necessary. An accountant or consultant can add credibility and provide guidance.
- Don't give up! If you are denied, keep in touch. Ask why you didn't receive the grant and how you can improve your application in the future. Make regular contact with the grant office in a professional and non-intrusive manner.
- To find grants:
- Fundsnet Services
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- For grant assistance:
- The Foundation Center
- NYSL Selected Grants and Fundraising Resources