RN Summer Interns

By popular demand, a little bit about our summer interns:

Chunhui Song is a graduate student in the Department of Information Studies at the University at Albany. She obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Information Management & Information System from University of Science & Technology of China in 2000. Following graduation, she served as a Computer Support Consultant in China Construction Bank, Fujian Branch, and was responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and advice to the branch until she came to the United States.

Chunhui started attending the University at Albany in January 2005 and will receive her Master’s degree in August 2006. She has worked as a student assistant in the reference department in the Science Library at SUNY Albany for one year. She is also a member of American Library Association and Special Libraries Association.

"I like traveling. I have been to many places in China and plans to travel around the US as much as possible. My other interests include history, music, hiking and swimming."

Ben Ropp is from Worcester, MA. Prior to moving to Albany in January 2000, he lived in Chicago, IL, where he received a B.A. in music at the University of Chicago in 1994. Before going back to school, he worked in various library positions for 10 years. Most recently, he was a library assistant at the Albany Public Library where he continues to work on a temporary basis.

"I will graduate from SUNY’s Department of Information Studies in December of this year. I was interested in interning here at the NYS SBDC to hone my research and reference skills, and I’m learning a lot. I have tried to gear my coursework towards maximum flexibility, and though public libraries are probably my first choice of venue, I will keep all options open when seeking a permanent position after December. In addition to music, my non-professional interests include film and photography, art and literature. If I didn’t have to work, I’d probably just try to make films and play music – but I love working in libraries."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC