A Bad Year for Tomatoes

I am not the biggest tomato fan but I was nevertheless looking forward to tomatoes from my garden and was very disappointed to learn that my tomatoes had succumbed to late blight. In trying to figure out what had happened, I discovered that this is a widespread problem this year throughout the Northeast. I have real sympathy for people who depend on their crops for income.

Here is one of many stories on how late blight is affecting retailers in the region and also, what you backyard gardeners can do to prevent its spread.
The New York Times
By DAN BARBER
Published: August 8, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York State County ZIP Codes

Starting a Mobile Food Concession Business? Be Sure to Follow the Rules of the Road

Beware credit counseling services like Clear Your Debt LLC